My last post was awfully mopey and I felt better not long after posting. It reminded me of those terrible days when the kids went to school feeling so poorly and I was left at home worrying only to find out they were fine by gym class or recess or a pizza lunch.
And now on to lovely things.
- Driving in horrible snow yesterday to pick everyone up and unable to find traction on the road but able to find the Backstreet Boys on the radio.
- Buying treats at the grocery store before 10 am. I used PC points and bought tulips, new conditioner, a Pokemon essential guide for William and a graphic novel Rory has been pining after. Pokemon is a new interest around here, brought on probably by the upcoming movie. I miss the days when the kids were small and would pour over those big guidebooks, so this makes me happy.
- Making delicious cornbread to go with homemade chili. I got Julia Turshen’s newest cookbook from Scott for Christmas, there are so many good things. Her podcast is also great.
- Finding an old hour and a half long interview between Emma Straub and Ann Patchett that I paid $6 for from Google audiobooks.
- Walking my dog with a secret stash of Mini Eggs in my pocket.
- Starting the fourth installment of the Lane Winslow mystery series and discovering it’s the best one!
- Giving myself permission to read all the books I can before I go back to work.
- Remembering that on May 4 I have tickets (nosebleed, but still) to see Michelle Obama in Toronto!
- This blog post that made so much better – thanks Kerry Clare for sending it.
- Scott. Just everything.